For available positions at BZ events, please see below + follow the application instructions. Please do not submit the inquiry form.
Thank you for your interest in BZ events! We are currently accepting intern candidates for the FALL 2013 semester — late August-December.
Interns are unpaid and gain valuable event industry experience and qualify for school credit. We are a registered intern program with the University of Texas and St. Edwards.
We are looking for…
Students who ARE interested in event planning + are interested in working events/office tasks. A mix of creative + Type A personalities, but still task-oriented + “with it.”
Please read the criteria below + determine if this is the right fit for you. Please pay careful note to the submission process. Failure to follow instructions will eliminate you from consideration.
* Office hours — 6-8 hours per week, 2 days a week. Ex: Tues/Thurs, 1-4 pm.
* Weekend/weekday events — 1-2 per month
* BZ only accepts students who are currently enrolled in Undergraduate/Graduate coursework ( to receive school credit) and/or are seeking workplace experience.
What makes a great BZ fit:
* Passion, drive, excitement + the ability to communicate, both written + oral.
* Being willing to “serve” and take orders. It’s the name of the game.
* Being creative, yet Type A.
* Understanding of social media, Excel/Word. Google Docs is a plus! :)
* The ability to answer emails QUICKLY
* Being aware of current design trends.
* Well-dressed + professional in appearance.
* Bonus points for Bravo TV fans — our office is a lot like Jeff Lewis Design. Google it.
Who is not a great BZ fit:
* Being sensitive/thin-skinned + taking “stuff” personally.
* Having a very heavy school workload + being too busy to focus.
To apply for internships/event assistant positions:
* Please send an introduction email** (info at BZevents.com) with the following…
1) a resume
2) detail why you are a good fit for BZ, given the criteria above.
3) tell us what YOU can bring to the BZ “table” … we are fun + want to work with fun people. Don’t be scared to show us your personality!
** Use of the “client inquiry” form will result in immediate disqualification from consideration.
EXPERIENCED EVENT DAY CONTRACT ASSISTANTS:
* Pay based on experience level ($10-$15/hour)
* Must have event experience — weddings, galas, corporate events, offsite/onsite catering. Direct event experience is a must! Industry (local preferred) references required + we WILL call.
* Must have a positive, go-getter attitude. No whiners or slackers.
* See intern applicant notes — all apply to contract team members, as well.
* To apply, see instructions above .. use of the “inquiry/contact form” will result in immediate disqualification. Thank you!